Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just checking in. . . briefly!

Well, I am not becoming the most dependable blogger around as you can see;  I am doing my best to let blogging and the Internet have their place . . . and their place is to come after things with the higher priority.  I'm trying to remember that I have other things to do besides be on the computer.  I am loving the feeling I get from working towards a more balanced life right now.  That being said,  I think of blog posts ideas and things I want to write all the time, it seems, but they come at moments when I am not near the 'puter!


   

Update on the Technology Challenge:

I have managed keep off of the computer, like I had hoped, the last two Sundays.  Doing this with myself, I have started to notice that my kids and husband are really tuned in to the 'net or TV the majority of the time now.  Hmmm . . . . Maybe that will be the next challenge coming up after this one ends. :-)   To be honest, I feel like keeping my Sundays free from checking in online and trying to get some things done on the Internet after this challenge ends.  It's become a way of life for me and I am really enjoying the feeling of being unplugged in this way. My husband and I will talk it over and pray about it to see if God is leading us to do this as a family.  We'll see what happens.

I haven't been well in body this week, but God has really blessed my spirit in so many ways.  I am so thankful that He is allowing me and helping me become a person who can tune in to the needs of others and do my part to meet them in some way.  I won't go into detail, but being able to become more home-centered in my life and slow down my pace is opening doors of service and opportunities to be His hands and feet with those He brings across my path.  Although there's more I could say on that, I will sign off now and get back to some tasks and family time.  Lifting up those with needs today!

May you be blessed and know that He is near!

Reaching for His hem,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

God bless you!

--- Gina