Monday, March 18, 2013

Stepping out of my comfort zone - baby steps at a time!

  Over the last year, I have noticed that God has challenged me to act immediately when He starts prompting me to do or say something, rather than putting it off until I can "fit" it in.  I think my human nature - the part of me that loves planning, organizing, and attending to the details -  tries to understand the beginning, middle, and ending of something before I jump into it.

 I am not a spontaneous and outgoing person as a general rule - - oh, but the LORD is definitely stretching me and encouraging me to go out of my comfort zone step-by-baby-step... and the experiences He gives me when I am faithful to listen to Him and walk by faith really take my breath away!

  

Today, I feel led to share that God is stretching me and pushing me to the edge of the nest.  He knows that my life up until this point has prepared me to take my first flight with my wings of faith; I am just peering over the edge of the nest and feeling the wind lifting my wings.  I am just about to jump  - -- how about you?

 

 Like I mentioned at the beginning of this article, God is growing me, stretching me, and making me get really close to the edge of the nest as He is bring me to the end of myself and to the beginning of me living and moving each moment through His strength and faith.  

One of the biggest areas that God is challenging me in is being able to let go of perfectionism and live in the moment.  

Can anyone else relate?  It's hard to even admit that, but God is reminding me that His Grace is all sufficient and able to cover where I come up short.  

Just like a mother bird watches over her precious hatchlings, the LORD watches over me and is ready to swoop down and lift me up on His strong wings of Deliverance.

Praise you Father - just like the birds don't worry, neither will I be worried about tomorrow as you have each day in your Hand and YOU will provide for my needs and keep me safe..


Matthew 6:24-34 24 
 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. 
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?  
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,  
29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.  
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 
 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  
33 Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

God bless you!

--- Gina