Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Perspective

Perspective

This word brings to mind the ability to grow through experiences in life, the good and the bad.  I know, for me, gaining perspective has come at a great price.  It has only been through going through dark valleys that I have been able to learn of the possibility of the mountaintops.  Being able to keep perspective, correct perspective, is something that comes when we fix our eyes on Jesus, no matter what we may be facing.

It's interesting that no two people are alike in how we view life; two people standing in the same place will have two completely different perspectives on things.  I used to feel threatened when I wouldn't be the same as the next person, when I would have to stand alone in my convictions or when I felt like I was wrong somehow in standing out and being unique.


Age brings experience and through that experience, better angles of perspective in life and relationships.  We learn what is crucial, what is important, and what is just silly and wastes time.  I for one pray that I can keep my perspective focused on what is real and lasting and that my focus, my point of reference, will be on my LORD.

This post is part of the Five Minute Friday Post at  The Gypsy Mama

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Great post. I found you through the Gypsy Mama 5 minute Friday. Excited to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I look forward to meeting you too through your blog!

      ---Gina

      Delete
  2. Isn't that the truth we learn what is silly and non important as well grew as people and in our spirituality.
    http://leahjlynn.wordpress.com/
    that's link for my story for this prompt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The lessons we learn from experience are the ones we never forget.... Thanks for sharing your link!

      I will be checking it out now!

      God bless you!

      ---Gina

      Delete
  3. Dear Gina,

    Thank you for the reminder to learn as we grow through life. To not be afraid to have our own perspective though it may differ from others. That through it all may we have God's perspective!

    Blessings in Christ...Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan for your comment and sharing of your perspective on my post! God bless you!

      Happy to meet new bloggers here!

      ---Gina

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

God bless you!

--- Gina